The Apulian agri-food sector offers a variety of quality products that represent the link with the territory, the producers’ skills and local traditions.
In a globalized world, the Apulia Region focuses on the strengths of its products namely typicality and territoriality. The globalization of markets implies new market opportunities for “local” quality products (as opposed to undifferentiated “global” products).
The increasing attention to food quality is a major economic opportunity for the Apulia Region for the following reasons:
- the availability of a rich and varied range of quality agricultural products, together with highstandard food and wine;
- the strong expansion of tourism which has become a driving industry of the Apulian economy;
- food and wine which is, together with the territory and the environment, one of the main tourist’s travel motivations;
- the proliferation of biodiversity and production practices are values much appreciated by the consumer;
- Apulian agriculture, with its specificity and potential, best interprets the multifunctional model of agriculture, production quality, environmental sustainability, food security, rural and compatible tourism.
Read the complete report here: