After seeing the path that led to the creation of the Tricase Community Laboratory and having discovered what it will deal with with this new post we will see the individual production lines of typical products that the Laboratory will put in place.
The rural territory and the sea of the Lower Salento offer a wide basket of agricultural and fish products that are the best expression of biodiversity and local typicality. Respecting the environment and the tradition of farmers and fishermen, we intend to enhance the production according to seasonality and the offer of products.
The production chains that characterize the offer system of the Food4Health community laboratory in Tricase include the following processing / processing lines for primary products:
• Line for the processing, transformation and packaging of honey;
• Line for the processing, transformation and/or drying and packaging of fruit and vegetables
• Line for the processing, transformation and/or drying and packaging of legumes
• Line for the processing, processing and packaging of fish
Let’s see all the Lines in detail.
Fruit and vegetable processing line
• preserves of summer and winter vegetables (tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, peppers, beets, carrots, capers, chard, chicory, cabbage, cabbage, turnips, basil, etc.) in oil and vinegar;
• fruit preserves: figs, prickly pears, quinces, plums, apricots, plums, mulberries, pears, apples, blackberries, strawberries, etc.)
• tomato sauce
• vegetable-based sauces
Fish processing line
• natural fish preserves
• canned fish in oil
• fish-based sauces
Types of fish to be processed: mackerel, zerri, tuna, sardines, etc.;
Honey processing line
Prevalent type of honey: wildflower honey
• medicinal/aromatic plants
• vegetables and vegetables
• essences and vegetables to be dried (mint, rosemary, sage, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, mallow, eggplant, zucchini, chickpeas, beans, etc.)
Inside the Laboratory there is also a cooking workshop and a show cooking area for tasting.
And when the Food4Health Project ends, what will become of the Tricase Laboratory? It will become even more useful and productive. We will explain it to you in the next post.